The Birdiepal Octagon is known as the strongest trekking umbrella worldwide and, at the same time, significantly lighter at only about 10.58oz (300g).
The umbrella owes its name to the newly invented octagonal fiberglass shaft which withstands extreme stress and strain. Its very thin, yet extremely durable, polyamide fabric with Teflon®-treatment contributes to the enormous weight reduction.
When opened, the canopy diameter measures a comfortable 38” (96cm).
This umbrella almost completely comes without any metal parts.
- Innovative and extremely strong 8-corner fiberglass shaft.
- Flexible and nearly unbreakable high-density fiberglass ribs.
- A newly developed safety runner with pin-spring system which can not be twisted and won't pinch your fingers.
- New lightweight and tear resistant Polyamid fabric with woven pattern – with Teflon® treatment for high water repellence and soil-resistance.
- Double stitched seams between the panels of the canopy
- Safety tips with thread abrasion protection - 100% fixed on the ribs
- Lightweight and comfortable high-density EVA hard-foam handle with grooves to ensure a dry feeling on the handle when wet.
- The sleeve case is easy to fold and is also very lightweight.
- Adjustable, non-slip shoulder straps on sleeve so that the umbrella can also be carried on the back.
Dimensions when Open:
Canopy: 38" (96cm"
Height: 26" (66cm)
Width: 44" (112cm)